VeriShip is the industry leader in logistics optimization, bringing clarity to the parcel industry via innovative data analytics and benchmarking software. VeriShip has served more than 5,000 businesses worldwide across nearly 400 industries.
VeriShip was recently recognized as one of Kansas City’s “Best Places to Work in 2018,” by the Kansas City Business Journal and this year as one of the “Top 10 Small Business” by the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.
VeriShip is looking to add a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker and skilled communicator at our Kansas City headquarters.
Reporting to the CMO, the Senior Content Strategist is a dynamic, savvy, and proven communications leader who thrives on crafting marketing messages to drive customer acquisition. This position will play a central role in shaping our brand positioning and media strategy. The ideal candidate is inquisitive by nature, has deep content marketing experience and frames narratives in creative and unexpected ways. He/she is a collaborative problem solver with a keen eye for detail and a customer experience champion.
This person thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a track record of creating alignment and inspiring trust with sales colleagues, based on proven results.
- Refine brand voice, tone, perspective, and proposition and ensure consistency in brand voice and messaging on all internal and external materials
- Ensure internal and external communication efforts are aligned with long-term growth goals
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop compelling, clear, and consistent stories mapped to the customer’s journey
- Develop amplification strategies, including cadence and channels, for key initiatives and/or product launches
- Plan, create, deliver and govern content assets across a variety of media types including videos, longform, copywriting, podcasts, and others
- Develop high-quality sales enablement content including battle cards, sales training, presentations, etc.
- Forge media and other influencer relationships and establish VeriShip as a thought leader within the logistics space
- Act as a brand ambassador for our employee experience, making sure internal and partner communications are relevant and timely
- Identify research projects, studies, market surveys and other collaborative and/or publishing opportunities to validate and promote value proposition
- Drive inbound leads and create taxonomies and metadata frameworks for labeling, grouping and effectively tagging content
- Act as internal competitive landscape expert and quickly spot threats and trends; develop comparison content to de-position competitors
- Own customer announcements and case studies by conducting interviews to uncover their pain points and writing their success stories
- Responsible for outsourcing and managing social media activities to increase brand presence and visibility across multiple platforms
- Manage external contractors including copywriters, designers, and videographers
- 7+ years of experience in content marketing, preferably with software/technology focus
- Hold a BA/BS degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing (or related fields) advanced degree is a plus
- Possess strong ability to write, present, and share ideas articulately
- Versatile writing abilities (e.g. Copywriting, content writing, technical writing, etc.)
- Have led collaborative projects from ideation through planning and execution
- Solid understanding of inbound marketing strategies
- Have exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail