ShipMate Spotlight: Meet Our Maui Loving Book Worm
VeriShip’s workplace culture in the words of corporate accountant Ashlee Yunker, is fun, entertaining, and positive. Our ShipMates are to credit for creating and maintaining this culture and making VeriShip such a fun place to work.
Get to know the people behind the magic and their contributing roles through our ShipMate Spotlight Interview series. Check out the previous ShipMate Spotlights, here.
- When did you start at VeriShip?
- February 2015
- What excites you about working at VeriShip?
- It always feels like we are moving forward, trying to find the next product, ways to make the products we do have even better for our customers. We are never stagnant.
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
- We are testing an online credit card program that will allow customers to pay invoices through our portal.
- What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.
- Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
- Bill Gates or Warren Buffett. I would like to know what it feels like to have the kind of wealth they have.
- Favorite vacation spot?
- Maui! We went there on our honeymoon and already have a fund to go back for our 10-year anniversary.
- What’s the best concert you ever attended?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- Ever since we were kids our Christmas presents never had a name on them. There was also some sort of code or game we had to play to figure out which presents were ours. My parents still do this even with the grandkids.
- What’s the last book you read?
- Tailspin by Sandra Brown
- What do you like most about working at VeriShip?
- I like that it feels like we are family. We celebrate the wins together.
- What three words would you use to describe our culture?
- Entertaining, Fun, Positive
- If you could go back in time and give your 10-year old self advice, what would it be?
- Enjoy being a kid just a little bit longer. Don’t let go of the things you love just because you think growing up means you must.
- If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
- Walt Disney, Ellen DeGeneres, Barack Obama, and my Aunt Valerie (who passed away 7 years ago)
Interested in working with Ashlee and our other awesome ShipMates? Check out VeriShip’s job openings on our careers page.