ShipMate Spotlight: Meet Tyler, Coffee Brewer Extraordinaire
VeriShip’s workplace culture, in the words of senior business development associate, Tyler Hazen. Our ShipMates are to credit for creating and maintaining this culture and making VeriShip such a fun place to work.
Get to know the people behind the magic and their contributing roles through our ShipMate Spotlight Interview series. Check out the previous ShipMate Spotlights, here.
- When did you start at VeriShip?
- I joined the Ship on April 20, 2015.
- What are the 3 things that make you want to come and work for VeriShip every day?
- Opportunity, challenge and culture. Each day, I get the opportunity to walk through these doors to challenge myself to grow and get better. Additionally, I am surrounded by amazing colleagues and leadership who care about maintaining a great culture. I wholly believe that our culture fuels the former reasons I enjoy working for VeriShip.
- You can choose three bands to see live for one night only – who are they?
- Switchfoot, NEEDTOBREATHE, and Crowder. It would be epic.
- Favorite type of smoothie?
- Daily Harvest is a subscription box company that offers amazing pre-portioned smoothies, one of my favorites right now is their Mint + Cacao flavor. Come to think of it…I think they ship FedEx – I’d better give them a call and save them some money on shipping!
- What is something that you do well, that not many people would know?
- I have passion for anything coffee and have converted non-coffee drinkers into loving espresso with no chaser.
- What’s your average weekend look like?
- Family. And probably Chipotle.
- What is one book that you’ve read that you’d recommend to everyone?
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy.
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
- Three things. A paleontologist, an astronaut and a train engineer.
- What’s your favorite type of weather?
- I mostly enjoy warm, sunny weather. However, I can appreciate rain or snow from time to time.
- What are 3 words that describe you best?
- Motivated, honest and happy.