ShipMate Spotlight: Meet Tyler
VeriShip’s workplace culture, in the words of senior business development associate, Tyler Hazen. Our ShipMates are to credit for creating and maintaining this culture and making VeriShip such a fun place to work.
Get to know the people behind the magic and their contributing roles through our ShipMate Spotlight Interview series. Check out the previous ShipMate Spotlights, here.
- When did you start at VeriShip?
- I joined the Ship on April 20, 2015.
- What are the 3 things that make you want to come and work for VeriShip every day?
- Opportunity, challenge and culture. Each day, I get the opportunity to walk through these doors to challenge myself to grow and get better. Additionally, I am surrounded by amazing colleagues and leadership who care about maintaining a great culture. I wholly believe that our culture fuels the former reasons I enjoy working for VeriShip.
- You can choose three bands to see live for one night only – who are they?
- Switchfoot, NEEDTOBREATHE, and Crowder. It would be epic.
- Favorite type of smoothie?
- Daily Harvest is a subscription box company that offers amazing pre-portioned smoothies, one of my favorites right now is their Mint + Cacao flavor. Come to think of it…I think they ship FedEx – I’d better give them a call and save them some money on shipping!
- What is something that you do well, that not many people would know?
- I have passion for anything coffee and have converted non-coffee drinkers into loving espresso with no chaser.
- What’s your average weekend look like?
- Family. And probably Chipotle.
- What is one book that you’ve read that you’d recommend to everyone?
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy.
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
- Three things. A paleontologist, an astronaut and a train engineer.
- What’s your favorite type of weather?
- I mostly enjoy warm, sunny weather. However, I can appreciate rain or snow from time to time.
- What are 3 words that describe you best?
- Motivated, honest and happy.