ShipMate Spotlight: Esther Tokognon
Our ShipMates make VeriShip a fun, creative, intelligent and collaborative place to work. VeriShip isn’t just a company – we’re a team. We’re extremely grateful for the amazing people on the Ship – the different personalities, backgrounds and passion for what they do make our culture unique, diverse and the opposite of boring.
We want you to get to know the incredible ShipMates that make VeriShip an awesome community to be a part of. Today kicks off our ShipMate Spotlight interview series where we ask our employees what they’re passionate about and what life on board the Ship is like for them. We hope you enjoy learning about our employees and their varying roles, why they chose VeriShip and what gets them excited to come to work every day.
Kicking off the series is Esther Tokognon. Esther moved to the Kansas City area from Benin in West Africa the summer of 2011 – and we’re grateful she did! Esther has been with VeriShip close to five months.
- What excites you about working at VeriShip?
- VeriShip’s learning culture embraces employees’ uniqueness, strengths and passions. Every employee matters and contributes to the company’s overall success. The job is challenging with plenty of room for growth and advancement.
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
- I am always working on cool stuff 🙂 , but the VIP payment portal project is the coolest thing I am working on right now. In my personal life, I am trying to sign up for American Sign Language (ASL) classes.
- What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
- It will no longer be a secret if I share it.
- What are you passionate about?
- I am passionate about making an impact in the world by helping others and giving them the love and respect they deserve.
- What was the best concert you ever attended?
- Florent Pagny concert in France. Celine Dion is next on my list. I am a huge fan!
- Who inspires you?
- My Dad is my inspiration. He provided for our family and gave us the best education he could afford – the best gift I believe parents can give their children.
- What’s your earliest memory?
- Pretending to be the family doctor.
- What do you like most about working at VeriShip?
- The people of VeriShip are one of a kind. I found a home here and I am blessed to be part of such an amazing group of talented individuals.
Interested in working with Esther (and other awesome ShipMates)? Check out VeriShip’s job openings on our careers page.