It’s the time of year when most of us think about going to the gym and getting in shape. New Year’s resolutions are about change, doing better, and improving. Coming back to the office post-holidays, it’s also a great time for keeping your health in check.
Because the 2017 General Rate Increases went into effect this month, we need to remind you to take a look at your parcel health. As a company, your New Year’s resolutions should focus on improving your top line and bottom line revenue, which can be impacted by your parcel spend.
To help you kick off the New Year, we’ve compiled a list of 6 New Year’s Parcel Resolutions that we recommend you adopt to improve your company’s fiscal health for 2017.
- Be your own personal trainer. Assert your parcel rights and get best-in-class rates that your business deserves in your carrier agreement. Get rid of those waivers!
- Raise your parcel fitness IQ. Educating yourself on parcel practices will enable you to plan for and decide how you spend your parcel budget instead of letting carriers make that decision for you.
- Trim off the fat. Proactively identify areas for improvement and implement a plan to correct the problem areas for optimal parcel health.
- Find a workout partner. It’s easier to stick to your goals when you share them with a buddy who keeps you accountable. Talk to a parcel expert and let them help you stay on track with exceeding your goals.
- Monitor your progress. Like a Fitbit, The VeriShip Intelligence Platform enables you to regularly check your vitals. Take a “before” and “after” snapshot of your problem areas, then track your improvement over the course of the year. Every goal needs a baseline. You can easily see yours and regularly check your progress through the VeriShip Intelligence Platform.
- Keep the finish line in sight. Improve your customers’ satisfaction by getting packages to them more quickly without breaking the bank. Become so efficient at shipping that your company can turn it into a competitive advantage.
We know it’s easier for you to stick to a workout plan when you have an accountability partner. Tell VeriShip what your parcel goals are for 2017 by contacting us or tweeting #parcelresolutions. We’ll be your biggest supporters in helping you get into optimal parcel shape.