VeriShip is the industry leader in logistics optimization, bringing clarity to the parcel industry via innovative data analytics and benchmarking software. VeriShip has served more than 5,000 businesses worldwide across nearly 400 industries.
VeriShip was recently recognized as one of Kansas City’s “Best Places to Work in 2018,” by the Kansas City Business Journal and this year as one of the “Top 10 Small Business” by the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.
VeriShip is looking to add a detail-oriented Staff Accountant at our Kansas City headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts
- Assists in providing schedules and commentary with respects to operating expense accounts results and variances, and with the production of working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets
- Maintain VeriShips monthly invoicing and process credit card and ACH payments as they are received
- Assist with VeriShip’s accounts payable and approval process
- Support payroll and monthly Partner/Sales commissions, validation and payment
- Provide support needed for year-end audit and end of year partnership tax filings
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and strong knowledge of GAAAP
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving ability, and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment with a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- Must have strong work ethic, be well organized and a self-starter
- 2-5 years accounting experience